Page 1 of 23 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#30285 - 11/06/02 05:00 PM Livejournal
Bear
Ching Shih

Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Thanks to the lovely dazey, I recently (well about a month ago) became a livejournal user - and addict. I love the community-centric nature of the whole thing, and I know I'm not alone in compulsively checking my friends list and comments!

I thought I'd start a thread because I just found out that Ria has one too - when she posted a comment to mine - and it made me wonder how many other Chickliterati are part of the community. I know I'm the only person with chicklit.com listed as one of my interests there (heh), but here must be more of you than the ones I know of!

Edited to say here is my one...

[This message has been edited by Bear (edited November 06, 2002).]

#30286 - 11/06/02 10:47 PM Re: Livejournal
Stringy
Ching Shih

Loc: Perth, Western Australia, Aust...

I love LiveJournal too! I mostly write to keep in touch with friends who've moved overseas, or people I like but don't get to hang out with as often as I want to.

I've recently added two craft communities, which has blown out my friends entries to 3 pages of new items nearly every day. I'll be adding chicklit.com to my interests list today.

Mine is here . Since I've currently got cabin-fever, being locked in my house working on end-of-semester assignments, it's mostly about my procrastination at the moment. Normally I'm much more interesting (or so I like to think).

#30287 - 11/07/02 02:57 AM Re: Livejournal
Angiv
Ching Shih

Loc: Scotland

I love the community part of it too. And yes, I do check compulsively to see if people have commented. Even though I've only been using for a week. Less than, actually. I hate most of the templates though - kinda fugly - I'm too lazy to write my own though.

It had never occured to me to list Chicklit as one of my interests. Weird, considering how much time I spend here. Well, I've changed that now, and I've added Bear and Dazey as friends -hope that's okay with you guys...

Oh, and mine is here .

#30288 - 11/07/02 06:13 AM Re: Livejournal
Bear
Ching Shih

Huzzah! How nice to find fellow Chickliterati! I actually put chicklit.com as an interest in the hope fo finding more of you, but in the end I thought it would be easier to start a thread here.

And I've added y'all to my friends list.

I really love the comment thing - although it's funny that by far the most comments in my lj have been generated by my terrible Sweet Valley High nanowrimo - and the monstrous kittens! The latter have caused a sensation!

#30289 - 11/07/02 06:32 AM Re: Livejournal
dazey
Ching Shih

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

As Bear said, I'm there too . However, I recently went friends-only thanks to a horrific life/internet crash, as a result of which I'm still in a psychic splint. Ick. So, it's not horribly out-of-date, and I'll reciprocally friend more or less anyone, and certainly all Chickliterati!

And, Bear, you seriously can't predict what'll get comment and what won't (though kittens are a good bet). Inevitably, someone will do a PhD on it one day...

[This message has been edited by dazey (edited November 07, 2002).]

#30290 - 11/07/02 09:46 AM Re: Livejournal
Ria
Ching Shih

Loc: Massachusetts, USA

Hey, it's a party! How great to have a whole lot of Chickliterati to add my friends list.
#30291 - 11/07/02 10:41 AM Re: Livejournal
Shelly
Ching Shih

Loc: Baltimore, MD, US

Mmmm, livejournal.

I'm sensational .

I am sensational, but really, it's from a Wilde quote about diaries.

(edited twice, and I really am beginning to get a grip on UBB code, honest)

[This message has been edited by Shelly (edited November 07, 2002).]

#30292 - 11/07/02 02:12 PM Re: Livejournal
goovie
Ching Shih

Loc: chicago, il

I'm on livejournal as goovie, but I rarely post. I'm more of a Diaryland person, myself. Is anyone else on Diaryland, too?
#30293 - 11/07/02 04:36 PM Re: Livejournal
Bear
Ching Shih

I had a Diaryland one for ages - it's here - but I seldom updated. I always felt like an entry had to be a big long essay thing. I much prefer the speed and ease of livejournal, but it's the community nature that really wins it for me.
#30294 - 11/09/02 03:43 PM Re: Livejournal
runs with scissors
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto

Wow! Why didn't I think of listing "chicklit" as an interest? Off to read your journals now!

I've had mine for almost two years now! *gulp*

Mind you, it's full of pointless, mindless drivel, though.

[This message has been edited by runs with scissors because sometimes she's rather clueless (edited November 09, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by runs with scissors (edited November 09, 2002).]

Page 1 of 23 12345>Last »

Moderator:  StephA 
Hop to: