Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#34111 - 06/02/06 01:53 PM Things to See and Do in Southern California
orchid314
Ching Shih

Loc: Austin

I'll be traveling to San Diego and Los Angeles for vacation for a week at the beginning of July. I'm taking my young nephew, so we'll be spending a day at the San Diego Zoo, and two days at Disneyland. (Yes, I am steeling myself for huge crowds and long lines.) That leaves two days for the adults on the trip to try to fit in some non-child-related activities. Any recommendations? The Getty is definitely on our list, as are the Gamble House in Pasadena and Balboa Park in San Diego, and I'd also like to catch a movie at one of the old but renovated movie palaces in Hollywood. But I'd love to get suggestions for out-of-the-way or not-so-out-of-the-way restaurants, beaches, museums or other sights you think are a must-see. Thanks so much!
#34112 - 06/09/06 12:28 AM Re: Things to See and Do in Southern California
MalibuSky
Gráinne ni Mhaille

They have recently re-opened the old Getty in Malibu, if you head out Malibu way you may want to check it out but I believe you need advance reservations.

Head further up the coast into the middle of Malibu and check out The Country Mart, lots of trendy stores, expensive restaurants and great for celebrity sittings!

Have fun in So Cal!

#87590 - 03/13/09 11:23 AM Re: Things to See and Do in Southern California [Re: MalibuSky]
StephA
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Bumping up a very old thread to ask about things to do and see in Southern California. We're looking at driving from San Diego to LA (and on to San Francisco) this summer.

We've already earmarked a Padres game, the Zoo, and the Maritime Museum in San Diego, and two baseball games (one each for the Dodgers and the Angels) in LA.

Any must-sees we're missing between San Diego and LA?

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to: