Page 2 of 13 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#34127 - 06/22/00 11:38 AM Re: Suggestions? Questions? Put'em here
della femina
Ching Shih

Loc: Birmingham, England

I think that's a good idea, ragdoll. Possibly a topic that could also encompass launching websites that are looking for submissions?
#34128 - 06/22/00 01:29 PM Re: Suggestions? Questions? Put'em here
deborah Administrator
Chief Bibliofreak
Ching Shih

Loc: Funkytown

Excellent idea, ragdoll. Where would people rather have it? I would put it in The Wordsmith forum, myself, but it could also go be a thread in this forum (Proclamations, etc.). Let me know and I'll start it up!
#34129 - 06/22/00 01:39 PM Re: Suggestions? Questions? Put'em here
ragdoll
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Maybe it should be it's own thread in Wordsmith -- except that it would always need to be open so readers/writers/chicklit-ters know to check it for upcoming contests?

I have a couple contests that I came across today.

Also, it would be good for Cdn writers to know about American contests and vice versa?

#34130 - 07/01/00 09:51 PM Re: Suggestions? Questions? Put'em here
della femina
Ching Shih

Loc: Birmingham, England

Will freelancing opportunities be included, or is it okay if we make a separate thread for that, deborah? I've just amassed an incredible amount of really good links for freelancers, and am eager to share. I don't want to step on your toes, though!
#34131 - 07/02/00 06:20 AM Re: Suggestions? Questions? Put'em here
deborah Administrator
Chief Bibliofreak
Ching Shih

A separate thread is fine with me, della femina. And if some (or all) of the links you've found involve ongoing opportunities for freelance writers, and you would like me to add them to the "For writers and editors" section of the library, I'd be happy to do that, too. I'm going to go start a couple of threads in The Wordsmith forum for both of these subjects.
#34132 - 12/26/02 02:22 AM Re: Suggestions? Questions? Put'em here
agtpeach
Ching Shih

Loc: US

hi, deborah. any word on the spoiler code? it seems like such a useful function when discussing books to recommend/comment on that other people may want to read based on general comments.

and conversation would be promoted for those with more specific stuff say in the "invisible ink" of the spoiler.

also, i love what you've done with the "jump to new posts" link.

#34133 - 12/26/02 07:58 AM Re: Suggestions? Questions? Put'em here
deborah Administrator
Chief Bibliofreak
Ching Shih

agtpeach: No, I don't have any further information on the spoiler code. I keep hoping the people who make this forum software will include it in upgrades of the software...I should probably write to them about that. I should also ask Glark for the hack for it...except that since he long ago abandoned the UBB software that we use here, the code he used to use probably won't work with this version.

I agree that it would be wonderful to have it, but unfortunately it doesn't look like we will anytime soon. Sorry!

#34134 - 01/24/03 12:44 PM Re: Suggestions? Questions? Put'em here
graceless
Ching Shih

Loc: Illinois

What happen to the top topics of the day, I really liked that, is that still available?

#34135 - 01/24/03 01:10 PM Re: Suggestions? Questions? Put'em here
Catness
Ching Shih

Loc: Chicago, Illinois

It's still here, graceless, I use it several times a day.

When you get to the front page of the forums, just click on the link in the upper right (under the links for "my profile", "register", "search" etc.) labelled "Today's Active Topics."

#34136 - 04/30/03 03:45 PM Re: Suggestions? Questions? Put'em here
beastiegirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto

Aha! So this is where the questions go. Okay. One - is there a thread for people who DO like Harry Potter? I know there's one for people who don't. Two - is there a thread for P.G. Wodehouse or the Jeeves/Wooster books? I tried using the search function and didn't come up with anything, but was afraid I hadn't used a broad enough selection of keywords.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 13 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  StephA 
Hop to: