Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#51369 - 09/22/04 04:08 PM New Fiction Club moderator
deborah Administrator
Chief Bibliofreak
Ching Shih

Loc: Funkytown

Kivrin, who has been our fiction book club moderator throughout 2004, has decided to step down next year, due to the considerable time commitment required by this role. I am very grateful, as I'm sure you all are, for the year of service she has given us above and beyond her regular moderator duties. I think the club has been particularly successful this year and it is directly due to Kivrin's guidance and wonderful taste in and knowledge of literature. Thank you so much Kivrin, for all your work and contributions on behalf of the fiction club. We will miss her as mod, but I know she'll still be around to contribute to book discussions.

Kivrin's passing the job into the very capable hands of StephA, whose name I'm sure you will all recognize. Steph has agreed to handle the book club for 2005, and I am looking forward to seeing her twelve selections. I warned her up and down that it's really hard to choose just twelve novels, but she's game anyway. Thank you for taking this on, Steph.

Now go make some suggestions for 2005 selections in the Fiction thread, or you're all going to be reading A Prayer for Owen Meany for twelve months...

#51370 - 09/22/04 06:21 PM Re: New Fiction Club moderator
Kivrin Moderator
Ching Shih

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Thank you, Deborah! And...Congratulations, Steph!
#51371 - 09/22/04 08:39 PM Re: New Fiction Club moderator
Catness
Ching Shih

Loc: Chicago, Illinois

Quote:
Now go make some suggestions for 2005 selections in the Fiction thread, or you're all going to be reading A Prayer for Owen Meany for twelve months...
Oh, that's harsh.

Congratulations, StephA! Thank you, Kivrin, for all the work you've done and do!

#51372 - 09/22/04 10:32 PM Re: New Fiction Club moderator
lex
Ching Shih

Loc: mostly Canada

Congratulations StephA!

Thank you Kivrin. I've really enjoyed some of the books.

#51373 - 09/23/04 10:39 AM Re: New Fiction Club moderator
StephA Moderator
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by deborah:
deborah, you make that sound like a threat!! (Seriously, it's a great book and would be great for a discussion. In my opinion. Would you all hate me if I chose it?)

I wanted to add my voice in the thank-yous to Kivrin (and deborah before her) for all of their hard work and excellent choices. I hope I can match your great work!

#51374 - 09/23/04 07:47 PM Re: New Fiction Club moderator
Perthelia
Ching Shih

Loc: Issaquah, Washington

Thank you both (Kivrin for the hard work you've done and care you've taken, and StephA, the same, only in the present and future tenses).
#51375 - 09/24/04 02:57 PM Re: New Fiction Club moderator
Kivrin Moderator
Ching Shih

You are all so very welcome. Thank you for your thank you's. I'll meet you over in the all-new Fiction Book Club thread...and Steph, please do email me if you have any questions, or if you just want to toss book ideas back and forth with me.
#51376 - 10/27/06 07:15 PM Re: New Fiction Club moderator
Kivrin Moderator
Ching Shih

Greetings, dearest Chickliterati,

StephA led the 2005 Fiction Club, and together she and I rocked the 2006 Fiction Club. And now?

The end of 2006 looms, and you are probably all wondering why StephA and I haven't yet asked for book suggestions for next year's Fiction Club.

Well...we would like to give one of you the opportunity to rule Fiction Book Club 2007. Moderating duties would include choosing the books, starting the topics for each, promoting discussion, and perhaps sharing links/information relevant to the book being discussed that month.

If you are interested, email Deborah a brief note telling her why you believe you would be the right person for the job. Go quickly. You'll need to be crowned in time to gather ideas and research book possibilities.

Questions? Feel free to email me.

#51377 - 10/31/06 08:21 PM Re: New Fiction Club moderator
deborah Administrator
Chief Bibliofreak
Ching Shih

Loc: Funkytown

I am pleased to announce that LaSalleUGirl will be the new fiction club moderator. She will be familiar to anyone who's been around for more than five minutes, so I won't make any grand introductions. Please welcome her as the new moderator. I'm sure she'll be along shortly to solicit your suggestions for 2007.

Thanks, LaSalleUGirl!

#51378 - 10/31/06 10:18 PM Re: New Fiction Club moderator
Sylver
Ching Shih

Loc: Lexington, KY

Quote:
She will be familiar to anyone who's been around for more than five minutes
Considering that her name is on five topics in Today's Active Topics, I'm going to have to agree. \:D

And congrats LaSalleUGirl! I'm hoping to get more into the Chicklit book clubs, so I'm looking forward to your selections for 2007.

#51379 - 11/01/06 10:13 AM Re: New Fiction Club moderator
LaSalleUGirl Moderator
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Heh. You can totally tell that I was avoiding my dissertation like the plague yesterday.

Thanks -- I'm really looking forward to doing this!

Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  Kivrin, Bear, LaSalleUGirl, PrimulaMary, StephA 
Hop to: