Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#53811 - 03/29/03 04:52 PM Re: Jane says...
ann74
Gráinne ni Mhaille

I saw the Diary and that letter in this month's Jane, and it made me think of this thread. The part about the baby gift (or lack thereof) is especially obnoxious. I doubt this child is going to want for anything in the first place, and in the second place, find someone to clean up your damn graffiti if you don't have time to do it yourself. And in the third place, keep your neighbor relationship issues to yourself, because who else really cares? Maybe their neighbor really is a self-centered, rude jerk, but the rest of the world certainly doesn't need to know about it- deal with it privately.

I didn't even finish reading the Diary, it was that bad.

#53812 - 04/19/03 10:57 PM Re: Jane says...
graceless
Ching Shih

Loc: Illinois

Beck made me do it. I don't know why. He's just look so great on the cover that I bought the latest issue today. And man was it bad.
There was this anonymous tip from a starlet who says she's being shaving her face since puberty and it makes her skin smooth. HUH?
Then Lacey Chabert said never to shave your eyebrows! Wow! Thanks Lacey for that super-duper advice.
And last but not least, Jane acknowledges that there are Jane-haters. Shocking.

#53813 - 06/04/03 03:34 AM Re: Jane says...
cerebrate
Ching Shih

Loc: Seattle, WA

If you guys don't yet read Bitch Magazine , it's worth a look for no other reason than the column they run every issue - the Jane Petty Criticism Corner. It all started with Ten Things to Hate about Jane . I can't help but cackle with validated glee every time I read it, and I look forward to every new rant in the new issues.
#53814 - 07/17/03 09:23 AM Re: Jane says...
deborah Administrator
Chief Bibliofreak
Ching Shih

Loc: Funkytown

And if you want to keep reading the Petty Criticism Corner, you'll have to subscribe to Bitch or find some other way to help support the magazine -- it desperately needs your help. Please see my post about helping Bitch in the Announcements forum if you haven't already. Thanks!
#53815 - 07/17/03 12:35 PM Re: Jane says...
always-anne-shirley
Ching Shih

Loc: Knoxville, Tennessee

Sassy WAS cool, but it eventually sold out. By the mid-nineties (maybe I'm the youngest person here...) it didn't have anything to offer that Teen didn't, and Seventeen was actually starting to step up to the challenge of having something worthwhile to read.
#53816 - 07/18/03 04:28 PM Re: Jane says...
Ace
Gráinne ni Mhaille

II think it's more precise to say Sassy was sold, than that it sold out.
#53817 - 07/18/03 09:05 PM Re: Jane says...
always-anne-shirley
Ching Shih

Loc: Knoxville, Tennessee

fair enough.
#53818 - 07/19/03 12:47 PM Re: Jane says...
LovelyPride
Ching Shih

Loc: Alberta, Canada

Pamela Anderson as a reporter!?! That's like having Mickey Mouse as a war correspondent!

Actually, I think Mickey would do a better job. :p

#53819 - 07/19/03 12:52 PM Re: Jane says...
Isabel Archer
Ching Shih

Loc: Birmingham Alabama

Pathetically, she's not a reporter. She writes a commentary column. Even scarier.
#53820 - 07/24/03 09:29 AM Re: Jane says...
Bear
Ching Shih

Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Oh, for the love of God. I just got the latest issue (yeah, I know, I know, it's liek a drug, okay?) and La Pam is on the cover yet again. The fuck? My friend Small H and I think that a cover-interview got cancelled and she was their easily accessible, fall-back celeb. To be honest, I think Pam seems likeable enough, but I have no particular interest in her, and why she's become such a figurehead for a magazine ostensibly aimed at hipsters is beyond me.

Also, the cutesy reference to Jane's offspring on the 'In the next issue' slot ([Jane's September issue is so thick little Charlotte will be using it as a booster seat')? So not cute. Just really fucking annoying. If I put random first-name-only references to my friends or (hypothetical) kids in an article, I would probably be out of a job. And rightly so.

And yet again, the letters complaining about the mag are from crazy Christians, rather than, to unfortunately quote Maggie Thatcher, "people like us". Bloody hell.

Hee. Is that cross enough, Kivrin?

Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Masha 
Hop to: