Page 3 of 13 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#53882 - 05/21/03 10:04 AM Re: Just generally great websites
JaneJ
Ching Shih

The Straight Dope has well run message boards, with intelligent topics of conversation.
#53883 - 05/21/03 11:27 AM Re: Just generally great websites
Catness
Ching Shih

Loc: Chicago, Illinois

Our own Keckler has been nominated for a Diarist.net site award , for her awesome journal The Grub Report .
#53884 - 05/21/03 11:48 AM Re: Just generally great websites
anna chrona
Ching Shih

Loc: Paris

Hey, Keckler's site looks great! While I was there I snagged a recipe for roast potatoes that I'm going to try.

For discussion sites, there are always metafilter and threewayaction .

#53885 - 05/21/03 04:47 PM Re: Just generally great websites
Kivrin
Ching Shih

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Joe Sorren--the artist\'s website . My connection to his work is that I once lived in Flagstaff, where he hails from. He painted this incredible mural against a curved wall in downtown Flagstaff, which I am very, very fond of. There's something so delightful about his characters. So absolutely odd. Great website. Great art.
#53886 - 05/22/03 10:00 PM Re: Just generally great websites
hula
Ching Shih

Loc: Victoria, BC

Kivrin - that mural is so wonderful!

There's a town on the island here that is "famous" for its murals and I've always hated it. The murals are horrible sentimental ugly things, IMHO. So I've always kinda hated murals.

But THAT mural is fabulous.

#53887 - 05/22/03 10:26 PM Re: Just generally great websites
Kivrin
Ching Shih

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

It is very cool. I am surprised the City of Flagstaff allowed it. The town was a lot more conservative when I lived there in the 1970's/80's. Sorren painted the mural in 2000. I love to sit beside it, with my afternoon tea, when I visit.
#53888 - 05/26/03 08:17 PM Re: Just generally great websites
Brand New Face
Gráinne ni Mhaille

Loc: Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by megancita:
Since I am now officially addicted to Chicklit, what other good forums out there do you people read? The only one I check out sometimes is The Usual Suspects but I know there are others out there. I'd love to participate in a political or issue-oriented forum, and the concept of on-line forums as a whole is rather intriguing and so I'd like to do some sampling. My pseudo-librarian self wishes there was a master index for such sites, but likely there is not. Recommendations?
Well, I help run a community called Persnickety and we try to have some good discussions on political topics, etc. (ie. the Respond and Think forums), and we have quite a few members that are very passionate about that stuff, but I think we've been a little lazy in that area lately due to lack of fresh blood. Hm, I'm bad for plugging my forums when I've just recently joined, but if anyone wants to check it out, that would be great.

I'm actually on the hunt for good forums myself lately, which is what brings me here. This one looks pretty great.

#53889 - 05/30/03 02:01 AM Re: Just generally great websites
anna chrona
Ching Shih

Loc: Paris

Quote:
Originally posted by anna chrona:

For discussion sites, there are always metafilter and threewayaction .
Dang, I guess I was wrong. 3WA is shutting down. Everyone is saying their goodbyes. It's quite sad, as that was what I can only think to describe as a close-knit group of 5,000 people.

#53890 - 06/01/03 08:21 PM Re: Just generally great websites
Papagena
Gráinne ni Mhaille

Loc: Michigan

Actually, it's possible that 3WA will be saved. Not over yet, if I remember correctly.

If y'all like Big Bad Chinese Mama, may I also reccommend Angry Little Asian Girl . Same sort of sentiments, but done with a little six year old girl who likes to flick people off. I own two of the T-shirts.

Also, there's ljdrama.org for those who like to watch the fights that go on in LiveJournals (watch out, though...it can get somewhat mean), and The Story About the Baby , which details how this baby girl is raised. It'd not what you'd think it is. Trust me. I read this religiously as soon as I found it.

#53891 - 06/01/03 09:41 PM Re: Just generally great websites
linds
Gráinne ni Mhaille

Loc: Ottawa

I like http://www.homestarrunner.com, especially the various start pages and the Strong Bad emails (.../sbemail.html). Nice use of Flash, and funny, too.
Page 3 of 13 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Masha 
Hop to: