Page 17 of 21 « First<1516171819>Last »
Topic Options
#56960 - 06/23/04 03:04 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
anna_karina
Ching Shih

Center Stage is a pretty good movie. I don't feel guilty about that one at all.

Life with Mikey. Michael J. Fox is a former child star turned child talent agent, and he finds a street-smart Brooklyn kid who has charisma and talent, and makes her into a cookie commericial star. I always liked this movie, however cheesy it was. Cyndi Lauper and Nathan Lane are in it too.

Bride of Chucky. Rob Zombie's music, Jennifer Tilly's vamping, Chucky smoking pot. It's a great movie. I'm looking forward to Son of Chucky, coming out this summer.

Freddy vs. Jason. More tongue-in-cheek and all, but good to see Freddy back, and good in the beginning and end, lame for the rest of the time.

Dracula 2000. Dracula comes back to find his Mina in New Orleans. B-movie cast (Omar Epps, Jennifer Esposito, Vitamin C, Danny Masterson, Jonny Lee Miller), but fun to watch. And the girl who plays the Mina character is gorgeous, and played Natalie Wood in a recent TV movie.

The Fifth Element has a lame story, but it looks so cool and fun to watch, and it made me like Bruce Willis. Plus, Milla Jovovich is crazy and weird, but one of my favourite B-level actresses.

Both Encino Man and Buffy the Vampire Slayer make me happy. Outdated, early 1990s dialogue, spotting future famous people (Rose McGowan, Ben Affleck, David Arquette), and just fun as hell to watch.

#56961 - 06/24/04 04:18 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
JohnConstantine
Ching Shih

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Quote:
Originally posted by Marya:
There are some early 90's movies I like too, but don't mention too often

Pump Up the Volume
I refuse to admit shame for this one, because my love is too strong. Realistic? Not even a little. (well, maybe a tiny tiny bit) do I care? even less. Such fun. Great soundtrack. and Sam Mathis. rowr.

#56962 - 05/05/05 10:07 AM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
Ludmilla
Ching Shih

Loc: USA

Count me in on the countless old movies and musicals (esp anything with Gene Kelly). Duel in the Sun is a dark western with Jennifer Jones and Gregory Peck. It's fun to watch because you get to see Gregory Peck as a bad guy whom you'll lust after anyway.

Raising Arizona is my favorite laugh out loud comedy.

Everyone needs to see the cheesiest / campiest movie Jane Fonda ever starred in: Barbarella.

#56963 - 05/05/05 12:09 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
ATP
Ching Shih

Loc: USA - Louisiana

Oh, there are so many to name. For some reason I really love chessy movies.

Flashdance I know it's not Jennifer Beals dancing, but I don't care. Love it!

Honey Very bad dance movie, but the kids are so cute.

This is so bad because I can't think of the name of the movie, but it starred Madonna and Rupert Everett as best friends who have a child. He's gay and she eventually falls for Benjamin Bratt(the ONLY reason to watch this crap)which leads to problems. I try to never admit that I watch this movie.

The Parent Trap with Lindsey Lohan and Dennis Quaid, not the original. This is before Lindsey went to hell.

Beaches The music, the frienship, the sadness. It's all so good. It's really the only Bette Midler movie I like. I still cry at the end.

#56964 - 05/06/05 12:11 AM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
Corinne
Ching Shih

Loc: Castlegar, British Columbia, C...

I'm actually not ashamed of LOVING these movies at all. But they seem to fit the bill for this thread.

The Mighty Ducks. All 3. Over and over and over.

A Knight's Tale. I can't even count how many times I've rented this. I assume I could've bought it a couple times already anyways.

Peter Pan. The 2003 one. I adore the actor! He's so cute I just wanna squish him! I watched this movie twice a day for over a week when I first bought it. Never bores me.

Pay It Forward. Pure Sap. One of the two movies that actually had me balling. *hangs head in shame*

The Emporer's New Groove. Possibly Disney's best. I have two pet llamas, which made this movie all the more funnier. Llamas were made to be cartoon characters.

Rock-a-Doodle. Top quality singing farm animals.

The Queen of the Damned. So shoot me. Another movie I can watch infite amounts of times before getting bored.

Cardcaptors. Childish? Yes. Of Course. I was really into this anime series too. And I've read the manga...in japanese and enlgish...he.

Daredevil. I dont believe this needs any explanation.

#56965 - 05/06/05 09:35 AM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
HelenLovesChickLit
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Blame It On Rio. Michael Caine attempting to jump out the window. "Love is always better as a secret than as a song!" Priceless!

Meet the Parents. Laugh myself silly everytime.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Vanilla Sky. Penelope Cruz' unfortunate performance DOES grow on you.

The Story of Adele H.
Truffaut. Isabelle Adjani. Crazy obsessive love. How can I resist?

#56966 - 05/06/05 10:20 AM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
ATP
Ching Shih

Loc: USA - Louisiana

I almost forgot my love of the Nicholas Spark adaptation: A Walk to Remember . Yes, I cried the first time I saw it.

Any Jennifer Lopez movie. I know they are bad, but I still get sucked into them. I watch Enough, The Wedding Planner, and Maid in Madhattan.. I try not to watch Angel Eyes because it's horrid, but if it comes on, then I'm there.

Something is just not right. I know she can't act, sing, or really dance that well.

#56967 - 05/06/05 10:47 AM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
SoIAmGlad
Ching Shih

Loc: Pennsylvania

This thread has really made me feel better about my Dirty Dancing love. I even saw the sequel when it opened last year. Wow, the shame I felt standing in line for Havana Nights.

I've even gone so far as to name my car Frances (after the first woman in the Cabinet) because she's my Baby.

#56968 - 05/06/05 12:50 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
GingerCat
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia

Quote:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Why would you feel guilty about liking this? It's a great, well-reviewed movie, not to mention an Oscar nominee.

#56969 - 05/06/05 02:26 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
Mistral
Ching Shih

If liking The Emporer's New Groove is wrong, then I don't want to be right. That movie cracks me up every time, and I think it gets funnier the more I watch it - there's just so much there.
Page 17 of 21 « First<1516171819>Last »

Moderator:  sunflow, harper 
Hop to: