Page 5 of 11 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#58367 - 01/26/05 05:32 PM Re: What music have you added to your collection recently?
graceless
Ching Shih

Loc: Illinois

If you like Michael Andrews, also check out the Donnie Darko sountrack/score, I just got it for my birthday and it's awesome too.

#58368 - 01/27/05 06:29 PM Re: What music have you added to your collection recently?
angelghost
Ching Shih

Loc: Tucson, Arizona

I have had the Donnie Darko soundtrack for a couple years now. It gets frequently play in my apartment and at work. It is where I first heard Michael Andrews and Gary Jules. I'd like to get the non-U.S. (U.K.?) version of the soundtrack I saw on Amazon, though, which has an additional CD with all the great '80s songs that were featured in the movie.
#58369 - 05/18/05 08:12 AM Re: What music have you added to your collection recently?
Ludmilla
Ching Shih

Loc: USA

I just bought the Decemberists' Picaresque CD, and listened to it this morning. Good stuff. Refreshingly different from mainstream, but with a retro 60s sort of melancholic storytelling, ballad-like flavor (can't think of the right words to use here to describe them) if that makes any sense.
#58370 - 05/26/05 10:15 PM Re: What music have you added to your collection recently?
FishDreamer Administrator
Ching Shih

Loc: Windy City USA

I've gotten two new CDs lately that are worth sharing. The first is the demo CD from a band called quietdrive , who opened for Puffy AmiYumi a few weeks ago. They're new, out of Minnesota, and I am loving the music. Their debut CD comes out this summer. (and you can download three of their songs from that website as well, although not my favorite of the ones on the demo.)

The other is the solo album from Rob Thomas (of Matchbox 20). If you like his voice or their music at all, I recommend this. I love it. All That I Am sends shivers when I hear it.

Otherwise, it's been Def Leppard and Gwen Stefani most of the last few months. It's not great stuff, but I like it.

Edited for UBB

#58371 - 05/28/05 07:27 PM Re: What music have you added to your collection recently?
JA fan in DC
Ching Shih

Loc: Washington, DC

My husband has disavowed me; my sister is still laughing at me, but I had to have it - IL DIVO! I swear "Unbreak My Heart" was meant to be sung in spanish by four classically trained guys from Europe.

#58372 - 06/03/05 05:54 PM Re: What music have you added to your collection recently?
EssexGirl
Ching Shih

Loc: UK

I have just taken receipt of 2 CDs by La Bottine Souriante courtesy of Amazon Canada: Cordial and 1976-2001 Anthologie. Marvellous, foot stomping music. I do wish I could play the accordeon (I am learning, but...).

I have been searching for ages, and then when my Chicklit t-shirts arrived, a light went on. I so envy those of you out there who have been able to see them live more frequently than we have done in the UK.

#58373 - 06/05/05 11:11 AM Re: What music have you added to your collection recently?
Marya
Ching Shih

Loc: Kentucky

Sleater Kinney - The Woods

Ryan Adams - Cold Roses

Tegan and Sara - So Jealous

Ludmilla - if you like Decemberists, try The Zombies and The Left Banke.

#58374 - 06/05/05 12:10 PM Re: What music have you added to your collection recently?
sunflow Moderator
Ching Shih

Loc: Brighton, UK

After forcing myself to give up buying CDs for most of the year, I finally broke and bought several that I've been longing for since Christmas. I tell you, waiting that long is as much self-control as I ever show.

I rounded out my Snow Patrol collection with Final Straw and Songs For Polar Bears, both of which are very good, if not perfect. I also picked up Interpol's Antics. It's very good, and feels like an extension of their first album, which I loved. However, it is disappointingly short.

I also bought Mclusky's The Difference Between You and Me Is I Am Not On Fire, although I haven't listened to it yet, oddly enough. I love their prior album Mclusky Do Dallas, and I'm oddly afraid this one could not possibly be as good. I'll give it a try when I'm in a particularly open-minded mood.

Finally, I grabbed Foreign Affairs by Tom Waits. You know, I feel like I buy a Tom Waits album every other time I'm in the music store, and I STILL don't have all his albums. The man needs to take a vacation for a couple of years and let me finally catch up.

#58375 - 06/08/05 07:30 PM Re: What music have you added to your collection recently?
angelghost
Ching Shih

Loc: Tucson, Arizona

Moby Hotel (2 disc version) I like this one a lot, although I think I'd like a little more techno to come back into some of his music. The first disc is all songs and the second disc is a lot of ambient music.

Sleater-Kinney The Woods It's Sleater-Kinney with their amps up to 11! As much as I love their earlier music, I've never heard them sound this powerful. I like this a lot, too.

#58376 - 06/09/05 09:01 AM Re: What music have you added to your collection recently?
ATP
Ching Shih

Loc: USA - Louisiana

Anna Nalick Wreck of the Day So good! I heard the song on the tv and had to have it.

John Legend Get Lifted Nice to hear plain soulful music again. Just him and his piano.

I might get the new DMB and Beth Hart CDs, but can't make my mind up yet. I will have one of them soon.

Page 5 of 11 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  sunflow, harper 
Hop to: