Page 25 of 26 « First<2223242526>
Topic Options
#83107 - 05/20/07 08:23 AM Re: Scents and Sensibilities [Re: finedarkchocolate]
GingerCat
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia

Heh. Here's how BPAL describes the Whitechapel scent:
 Quote:
A gentlemen's blend, possessed of dignity, charm and refinement, but in truth masking a corrupted, hideous, soulless core. White musk, lime, lilac and citron.
In the bottle it smells very lemony, and not particularly masculine. I think it would work for women too.

I already want to place another order. BPAL is totally addictive.

#83112 - 05/20/07 04:41 PM Re: Scents and Sensibilities [Re: GingerCat]
finedarkchocolate
Ching Shih

Loc: Scotland

Oh - that's sounding quite a bit like Whitechapel, or possibly Peckham.
Fantastically weird description - I must know more about this company. BPAL?

#83114 - 05/20/07 05:10 PM Re: Scents and Sensibilities [Re: finedarkchocolate]
GingerCat
Ching Shih

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

There's lots of obsessing about them in the previous pages of this thread. :)

#83319 - 06/06/07 01:57 PM Re: Scents and Sensibilities [Re: GingerCat]
Peppermint
Ching Shih

I should be getting my new Arcana perfume any day now. Of course, I already have about a dozen BPAL and Arcana scents, so I technically don't need another one. But most of my favorite scents have spicy or musky qualities, which I adore, but which don't seem quite right for summer. So I ordered "Breakfast in Hollywood," which is meant to smell like champagne, strawberries, and citrus. I think it sounds perfect for warmer weather. I hope I like it!

Also, I just read that BPAL is offering two limited-edition perfumes in "honor" of Paris Hilton. One of them, Pruno, sounds awful to me---oranges, apples, KETCHUP, and sugar. Not my cup of tea!

#83379 - 06/11/07 06:16 AM Re: Scents and Sensibilities [Re: Peppermint]
finedarkchocolate
Ching Shih

Hideous! Not even a cup of tea would make that palatable.
#83380 - 06/11/07 06:19 AM Re: Scents and Sensibilities [Re: GingerCat]
finedarkchocolate
Ching Shih

Oh - I meant to say - thanks for the link Gingercat. Although I spent a big long time mooching round it, instead of marking papers. :(
#83726 - 07/15/07 07:36 PM Re: Scents and Sensibilities [Re: finedarkchocolate]
viva
Ching Shih

Loc: Houston TX

I'm a big fat sucker for this stuff. I went to BPAL and ordered 2 packs of imps ears (which, by the way, arrived less than 2 weeks after ordering). It actually took substantial effort to winnow the list down to 12.

Love these... I'm hoping a "theme" of what notes I like starts to emerge, but I'm not seeing one based on the three below! Sudha Segara: Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia. Nice, sugary, and summery. I'm so glad I wound up getting this... I only bought it because the description reminded me of Angkor Wat's carving of "The Churning of the Ocean of Milk". The Lion: A golden, spiced amber, proud, regal and ferocious. (And smells every bit of it.) Baghdad: Amber, saffron and bergamot with mandarin, nutmeg, Bulgar rose, musk and sandalwood.

Okay but not great for me...Namaste: Sandalwood, jasmine, rose, patchouli, cedarwood and lemongrass. I'm wondering if I dislike jasmine given my hatred of the Mata Hari scent. Alice: Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

Hated this...Mata Hari: five roses with soft jasmine, warmed by vanilla, fig, tonka bean and mahogany, spiced with a drop of coffee bean. It smelled like old lady baby powder on me. The hell?! I can't really tell which note would add a powdery finish, or maybe it's just the interaction with my personal body chemistry.

I have 6 more to try: Eclipse, Zephyr, Delight, Harlot, Jezebel, and Eden. I clearly enjoyed the Love Potions section!

Edited by viva (07/15/07 08:14 PM)

#84300 - 08/29/07 12:41 PM Re: Scents and Sensibilities [Re: viva]
Peppermint
Ching Shih

BPAL has new limited editions for fall out now! I'm going to order October and probably Pumpkin V. A lot of them sound great, so I'm exercising self-control. I think I'm going to order Snake Oil as well, since it's high time I tried it.
#91276 - 12/27/11 03:26 PM Re: Scents and Sensibilities [Re: Peppermint]
Morpheus
Ching Shih

Loc: Port Credit, ON

I thought that some BPAL fans here might like to know that BPAL is thanked in the authors acknowledgements at the end of The Night Circus.
#91943 - 04/06/13 11:15 PM Re: Scents and Sensibilities [Re: Morpheus]
mini-mart
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto

I bought two scents from the Labyrinth-inspired BPAL line: Jareth and Hoggle. Delightful, both of them. Kinda woodsy and leathery.
Page 25 of 26 « First<2223242526>

Moderator:  StephA 
Hop to: