Page 1 of 61 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#71816 - 08/27/04 08:56 AM The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
deborah Administrator
Chief Bibliofreak
Ching Shih

Loc: Funkytown

Yeah, it's an unwieldy title.

Anyone who knows me well (and plenty who don't) is aware that I believe in the power and value of intercessory prayer (prayer on behalf of another) and good vibrations. I think in a community such as Chicklit, it is natural for us to share our difficulties and we have many places and ways for people to ask for help, support and advice on this board. Here's one more, one that's been overlooked too long -- tygrkatt's post in another thread made me realize it.

Please feel free to ask for intercessory prayers and good vibrations in this thread. It doesn't have to be for something tragic or dramatic -- maybe you need extra help to get a job, or find your missing dog, or keep from completely losing it and screaming at someone you love. Maybe you're at the breaking point, or maybe you can see it on the horizon. Whatever. I know members of the community here will gladly provide intercessory prayers and/or good vibrations as requested. (I'm pretty sure we've got practically every religion and flavour of secularism covered, too.)

I'm very pleased to have finally been moved to create this thread.

#71817 - 08/27/04 09:20 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
tygrkatt
Ching Shih

Loc: Maryland, USA

Thank you deborah, a very good thread. To repeat my request in the appropriate thread, a very good friend of tygrhusband's and mine died quite suddenly on Wednesday. I think we're still in shock really, I mean how does a healthy 26 year old just drop?
#71818 - 08/31/04 01:04 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
beastiegirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto

Tygrkatt, many good and supportive vibes to you, tygrhusband, and to your friend's family. I'm so very sorry.
#71819 - 09/03/04 02:02 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
StephA
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Best wishes and crossed fingers for all those affected or likely to be affected by Hurricane Frances.
#71820 - 09/04/04 09:14 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
Ekaterina_dup1
Ching Shih

Loc: USA

Thanks, StephA. We're lucky to be on the west side of Florida, so we are only supposed to get a lot of rain and tropical storm level winds. Central Florida may end up getting hurt the worst since they're the folks who are most likely going to have deal with damage from both Charley and Frances. Lots of thoughts and prayers are needed there.

I think this is a great thread too. Chicklit is already such a supportive environment; it's nice to have a place to specifically share our needs.

#71821 - 09/04/04 11:39 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
setara
Ching Shih

Loc: Alberta/Canada

My heart and thoughts since yesterday are with the families of the victims of the terrorist attempt in Russia. (There are days when I feel ashamed to belong to the human race). I want to ask everyone here to say a prayer or keep a minute of silence for those children.

In my head today is a song by Sting that says: “The Russians love their children too…”

#71822 - 09/04/04 10:41 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
essay
Ching Shih

Thanks, setara, for bringing this tragic event to this thread. And thanks to deborah for creating the thread where such things can be voiced.
#71823 - 09/27/04 09:50 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
beastiegirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto

GVs to Floridians, Georgians and folks in the Carribbean while surviving yet another hurricane. I really hope this is the last one.

If I could ask for some IPGVs for my dad; he's been having symptoms that are often associated with colo-rectal or prostate cancer, and even though he's not worried, I am, and so is my mom. He's in the process of getting it all checked out, and I hope everything will be okay, but a little extra help couldn't hurt.

tygrkatt, how are you doing?

#71824 - 09/28/04 06:56 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
deborah Administrator
Chief Bibliofreak
Ching Shih

Loc: Funkytown

Word, beastiegirl. I can't imagine being lashed with one hurricane, never mind one after another.

And lots of IPs & GVs for your dad. I've been reading tons of stuff about colonic health these days and have been doing visualizations to support what I'm learning, so I'll include him in those exercises.

I just want to add one thing: I don't know if it makes any difference to anyone else, but I find it easier and more effective to pray for someone or visualize on their behalf if I at least have their first name. I understand that people may not always want to provide that information, but when they don't mind, I'd love to have it.

#71825 - 09/28/04 09:09 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
tygrkatt
Ching Shih

Loc: Maryland, USA

Lots of thoughts to your dad beastiegirl, mine had a quintuple bypass a few years ago and I well remember how scary it was having a parent seriously ill.

We're doing ok, thanks for asking. One thing we've gotten out of the experience is a renewed apperciation of friends, so we've been spending as much time as possible with the people we care about. It still strikes me as so very wrong to be in a group of our friends and he's just not there, but overall, we're doing good.

Page 1 of 61 12345>Last »

Moderator:  hula, studio1 
Hop to: