Page 4 of 61 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#71846 - 12/07/04 05:54 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
Fiordiligi
Ching Shih

Loc: London, UK

deborah I was hoping your dental problems were behind you, but obviously not. You have got all my GVs coming your way!
#71847 - 12/07/04 09:20 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
TraceyB
Ching Shih

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

GVs and prayers headed your way, deborah! Dental problems are so horrible.
#71848 - 12/07/04 11:56 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
tygrkatt
Ching Shih

Loc: Maryland, USA

A root canal with no pain killers? You're braver/stronger than I am for sure. Good thoughts all the way.
#71849 - 12/07/04 06:20 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
sophietje
Ching Shih

Loc: Buffalo, NY, USA, Earth, The U...

I'd like to ask for good vibes and prayers for my uncle Jim who just had a stoke and the doctors have just found cancer all over (and in his brain). He hadn't told anyone (including any doctors) about his health problems of the last few years until he called my mom to ask if he should go to the hospital for this stroke. It makes me super sad to think that he was going through all of this alone. (He's pretty much a hermit, never really getting over his wife who died 40 years ago when he was 20.)
#71850 - 12/07/04 11:10 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
Catness
Ching Shih

Loc: Chicago, Illinois

Oh dear, sophietje. I am so sorry to hear that. He'll be in my thoughts.
#71851 - 12/08/04 07:23 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
deborah Administrator
Chief Bibliofreak
Ching Shih

Loc: Funkytown

That is so sad, sophietje. I will remember him in my prayers.

And many thanks to everyone regarding my root canal. I've decided to go through with it, rather than an extraction.

#71852 - 12/08/04 09:27 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
sophietje
Ching Shih

Loc: Buffalo, NY, USA, Earth, The U...

Thank you everyone. It appears that it was far worse than we even initially thought, so now all of our prayers and good vibes are just for him to be at peace. My mom's moving him to hospice tomorrow, where he's not expected to last through the holidays.

deborah, good luck with the root canal. I've had (nearly) every dental procedure imaginable, and trying to save the tooth is almost always preferable and works out better than getting rid of it. I'm sending good vibes your way!

#71853 - 12/08/04 09:41 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
PrimulaMary
Ching Shih

Loc: London, UK

Oh, sophietje, I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your whole family. Take care.

You too, deborah. Hope it all goes well!

#71854 - 12/08/04 10:50 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
blueberry
Ching Shih

Loc: Jhb, RSA

Sophiejte I'm so sorry; and good luck with the dental work, Deborah.

I'm looking for some prayers and GV's for our secretary, Sushi. Her father passed away a few hours ago and she's taking it really badly. She's such a giving person too, and never stops to think about what she needs - she spent the time immediately after receiving the news trying to finish her urgent work so that she wouldn't inconvenience us. So selfless.

Please also send some prayers and gv's through to Sushi's mother, who recently re-connected with her husband. They were closer now than they'd been before in their marriage. I'm worried that she may not be able to cope with losing her husband.

One more (sorry, I'm asking for a lot today) - Sushi and her husband Kevin are driving down to her parents' home tonight - about four hours away. The weather is terrible - it's been raining all day, and the roads are full of crazy holiday drivers. Please send some prayers and gv's their way in order that they may have a safe trip. They have two young children and I'd hate for anything to happen to them.

That's it. \:\) Thanks everyone.

#71855 - 12/10/04 11:59 AM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread
LaSalleUGirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA

deborah, I saw in the Amnesty thread that your root canal was scheduled for yesterday. I'll be sending you many anesthetic thoughts!

Also, my sympathies and IPGVs to sophietje and blueberry's friend Sushi.

Edited because my sense of relative time is seriously faulty...

Page 4 of 61 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  hula, studio1 
Hop to: