Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#84503 - 10/01/07 02:26 PM Traveling to Scandinavia
LaSalleUGirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA

As I mentioned in the "I just..." thread, LaSalleUBoy is going to Copenhagen in a couple of weeks. It's a business trip, so he won't have too much time for sight-seeing, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had recommendations for quick tourist-y things to do, or restaurants for business lunches / dinners. (He will have most of Sunday free, although I imagine he'll be fighting off some serious jet lag.) Mange tak!
#84552 - 10/05/07 03:45 PM Re: Traveling to Scandinavia [Re: LaSalleUGirl]
ken_m
Ching Shih

Tell him not to miss the ice cream. After you have had ice cream in Scandinavia, all other ice creams are mere shadows on the cave wall.

Warn him that he should be sure to eat it sitting down, lest he pass out from how good it is.

- Ken, wishing he were back in Stockholm :)

#84608 - 10/14/07 09:45 AM Re: Traveling to Scandinavia [Re: ken_m]
LaSalleUGirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Somehow I missed this message, ken_m. LaSalleUBoy is in Denmark now, so I'll make sure he knows about the ice cream. Thanks!
#84964 - 11/27/07 04:40 PM Re: Traveling to Scandinavia [Re: LaSalleUGirl]
AngDS
Ching Shih

Try ice cream in Denmark - check. ;-) Any other recs here? I'd love to see some (any)- I'm considering a trip next July for MrDS and I. I've started reading the Lonely Planet Guide and have spent much time perusing Rick Steves' itinerary (best 14 days or some such). Actually - one specific question, what's the best northern destination? Most the cities seem to be southern, but we're interested in a "close to the arctic feel" for at least a little bit of the trip. Do you consider Iceland part of Scandinavia?
#87589 - 03/13/09 11:19 AM Re: Traveling to Scandinavia [Re: AngDS]
StephA
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

In a very belated answer, yes, I would consider Iceland a part of Scandinavia, or at least as a Nordic country.

Iceland is my new travel obsession, I want to drive the Iceland ring-road: http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/06/18/travel/18ring.html

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to: