Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#58846 - 02/05/07 07:47 AM Re: What movie are you dying to see?
klaradyn
Ching Shih

Loc: Cape Town, South Africa

Quote:
Originally posted by alizarin:
I saw The Prestige today and absolutely adored it. Haven't read the book (I know, bad me) but the film is gorgeous and brilliant and I kind of want to go right back out and see it again.
My sentiments exactly!
And I can't wait for The Last King Of Scotland to be released here. Of course, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is also being eagerly anticipated, even though the wait will still be quite long. \:D

#58847 - 02/05/07 05:35 PM Re: What movie are you dying to see?
vanillabean
Ching Shih

I just saw The Departed over the weekend, which I thought was excellent. I'm going to buy the DVD. Next up, I want to see The Good Shepard.
#58848 - 02/06/07 12:36 AM Re: What movie are you dying to see?
essay
Ching Shih

The one I'm dying to see, but apparently am going to be waiting in vain for is Miss Potter. This is mainly because my friends and I happened upon the world premier while we were visiting London this December, and we saw stood outside and saw the whole red carpet treatment for Renee Zellweger, Ewan McGregor, and Emily Watson. It was a fun moment on an otherwise sad occasion-- a close friend had just died-- and we all feel very disappointed that for some reason the distributors saw fit to keep it out Santa Cruz.
#58849 - 02/06/07 07:52 PM Re: What movie are you dying to see?
yogie
Gráinne ni Mhaille

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA

Wow, my very first post! I really want to see Daddy's Little Girls. It comes out on Valentine's day. I'm going to go see it with a couple girlfriends.
#84938 - 11/23/07 11:14 AM Re: What movie are you dying to see? [Re: yogie]
StephA
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I was sure I had posted about this the other day, but I guess not.

I found out that they're making a movie of the excellent Persephone book Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970468/

#84946 - 11/24/07 10:20 PM Re: What movie are you dying to see? [Re: StephA]
Kivrin
Ching Shih

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Sweeney Todd! Johnny Depp, my darling, sings! Helena Bonham Carter by his side, a true Tim Burton directed, delightful, and macabre production. I can't wait for this one.
#84949 - 11/25/07 06:21 PM Re: What movie are you dying to see? [Re: Kivrin]
LaSalleUGirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Kivrin, I'm totally with you! I saw the trailer this weekend and swooned in anticipation :-)

I'm also dying to see The Golden Compass. I'm not sure how it can possibly work with most of the religious overtones taken out, but I'm willing to be horrified by that aspect in order to see how the daemons are brought to life.

#84952 - 11/26/07 01:46 AM Re: What movie are you dying to see? [Re: StephA]
essay
Ching Shih

StephA, the cast for Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day looks marvelous! And slightly surreal--who would have thought you'd ever find Frances McDormand, Ciaran Hinds, Shirley Henderson, and Amy Adams in one movie?
#84953 - 11/26/07 01:52 AM Re: What movie are you dying to see? [Re: StephA]
essay
Ching Shih

Sorry about the double post. My computer stalled out in mid- transmission, and when I finally hit refresh, this is what happened.

Edited by essay (11/26/07 01:55 AM)

#85959 - 04/28/08 01:58 AM Re: What movie are you dying to see? [Re: essay]
Lady Agnew
Ching Shih

Loc: San Francisco, CA USA

I'm gonna kick off this list by saying I cannot wait till the summer movie season starts. I can practically taste the summer blockbuster season, I'm drooling so much. The last movie I saw was Wong Kar-Wai's My Blueberry Nights, which was adorable but very slight. Before that, it was a month since I've seen a movie in the theatre.

Iron Man -- perfect casting of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. Literally, I can't think of anyone I would prefer in the role. Also the first superhero movie of the summer, opening May 2. I can't wait.

Hellboy 2 -- I loved the first movie. Guillermo del Toro is one of my favorite directors working today, and since this movie is opening on my birthday, I'm gonna assume he's making it a present just for me. Also, he was just announced as the director for The Hobbit!

Speed Racer -- hopefully the Wachowski's are back on their game, after the Matrix sequels. It looks like candy, colorful fun, this movie.

Indiana Jones 4 -- I love Spielberg best when he's in fun mode. Yes. And the trailer, with grumpy, older Indy, has me muchly excited.

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  sunflow, harper 
Hop to: