Page 20 of 21 « First<1718192021>
Topic Options
#56990 - 09/22/06 02:02 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
PitaGirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Ontario Canada

Auroranorth, if you're in the Toronto area, we could definitely be movie-buddies! I also love when things go boom, and lots of butt-kicking. You mentioned two of my favourites and Vin is just yummy.
#56991 - 09/25/06 10:16 AM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
Auroranorth
Ching Shih

Unfortunately, I'm down on the East Coast, but it's nice to know I'm not alone in my love for explosions. And I liked XXX partly because they actually came up with a plausible scenario for why the hero can do all those stunts. Sorry, but your average FBI agent/cop/whatever probably can't do the fun stuff we see in movies unless they're training on their own time- and FBI intelligence analysts are just starting to be trained the way agents are in the first place.
#56992 - 10/08/06 01:41 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures
Bibliophile83
Ching Shih

Loc: lost in a book

"Glitter" is my guilty movie pleasure. I love Mariah Carey, but even so, it's not THAT bad of a movie. I like the music and all the cheesyness involved.

#84574 - 10/10/07 02:05 AM Re: Guilty movie pleasures [Re: Bibliophile83]
mini-mart
Ching Shih

Loc: Toronto

3 Ninjas. Loved it when I was eight; still love it at 23.
#84576 - 10/10/07 12:01 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures [Re: mini-mart]
LaSalleUGirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Hee hee. I haven't seen Three Ninjas in ages.

I'm obsessed with the Pirates of the Caribbean oeuvre. LaSalleUBoy lent out my copy of the first movie to prevent me from watching it.

Often, for me, the guilt in my guilty movie pleasures has less to do with the quality of the movies themselves and more in the number of time I've actually seen them. I mean, Garden State has won a variety of awards, so I shouldn't technically have to feel guilty about watching it. Ditto Shakespeare in Love. But I can remember the commentary that goes along with individual scenes. That's probably not so good...

My guilty pleasures hall of fame:
  • Flatliners
  • Rose Red (along with The Stand and IT, which I mentioned before)
  • 10 Things I Hate About You ("Don't say shit like that to him -- people can hear you" -- hee! I heart David Krumholtz in this movie)
  • A Knight's Tale. And while I do love me some Heath Ledger, the draw here is definitely Paul Bettany as the hilarious (and sometimes naked) Geoffrey Chaucer and the always wonderful Alan Tudyk as Wat. Plus the awesome blacksmith girl. Will should totally end up with her instead of stupid Shannyn Sossamon.
  • The Village. But a good friend of my family is in the movie, so maybe that doesn't really count. (She's the sweeping girl who pick and then buries the red flower at the beginning.)

#84579 - 10/10/07 07:02 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures [Re: LaSalleUGirl]
Sarai
Ching Shih

Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Originally Posted By: LaSalleUGirl
Plus the awesome blacksmith girl. Will should totally end up with her instead of stupid Shannyn Sossamon.

Amen to that! I've been saying it for years and nobody else agrees with me. Shannyn Sossamon is SO ANNOYING in that movie (and in real life as well, if reports are to be believed. 'Audio Science'?) and unworthy of Hot Heath, and the blacksmith girl is so smart and cool.

#84582 - 10/10/07 08:21 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures [Re: Sarai]
viva
Ching Shih

Loc: Houston TX

Heh. The 10 Things I Hate About You reminds me of my guilt-ridden love for Julia Stiles teen flicks, including Save the Last Dance and The Prince and Me. 10 Things was great!

And, on the same note, if I see Mean Girls one more time I will have it memorized.

#84584 - 10/11/07 08:05 AM Re: Guilty movie pleasures [Re: viva]
Promethea
Ching Shih

Quote:
Amen to that! I've been saying it for years and nobody else agrees with me.

They don't? I've never met anyone who's seen that movie who didn't agree that the blacksmith girl was a zillion times better. You have weird friends ...

#84593 - 10/11/07 10:20 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures [Re: Promethea]
Sarai
Ching Shih

Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Well I'm totally showing them all this thread.
#85086 - 12/12/07 09:17 PM Re: Guilty movie pleasures [Re: Sarai]
vanillabean
Ching Shih

A Walk in the Clouds

French Kiss (Kevin Kline is hilarious!)

First Knight

Page 20 of 21 « First<1718192021>

Moderator:  sunflow, harper 
Hop to: