Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#87623 - 03/20/09 08:40 AM Write and edit your own book now
rosamine

I am a college student interested in writing as a career. I am particularly interested in autobiographical writing. But before I do that I need to polish my writing skills. I need help in that .
#87624 - 03/20/09 10:12 PM Re: Write and edit your own book now [Re: rosamine]
Kivrin
Ching Shih

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Rosamine, we have an entire forum section devoted to writing. I'd suggest that you browse through those topics and find one which suits your needs. Here, it's The Wordsmith. The Bookworm is more about book-related topics. Don't worry if some of the topics have older dates on them, please feel free to post your thoughts and questions and that topic will bump up to the top.
#87625 - 03/21/09 07:07 AM Re: Write and edit your own book now [Re: rosamine]
geomik

I think it’s a good idea to hone your writing skills before you actually take it up as a career. Why don’t you start by writing essays? Adair Lara’s book, “Naked, Drunk and Writing” is a wonderful guide for newcomers. It’s lucid and practical instructions are extremely helpful in writing essays.
This is what famed soprano Gregory Peebles says about her: “I've been reading through your book, and I have been inspired to apply some of your techniques to my writing, and I've gotten very good feedback from readers. Your voice is so true that it encourages me to listen deeply to my own. Thank you for this guide; it straddles such a difficult line, containing information I feel is pertinent both to beginning and intermediate writers . I hope one day to read it again as an advanced student and take even more away.”
The book is on sale on the site http://www.lulu.com/content/6105019

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to: