Page 59 of 61 « First<5758596061>
Topic Options
#91019 - 08/09/11 08:34 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread [Re: essay]
Kivrin
Ching Shih

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Caitlin, sending healing thoughts your mother's way. May the surgery have gone well and may she also be doing well.
#91022 - 08/13/11 09:35 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread [Re: Kivrin]
CaitlinM2

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area

Thanks to all four of you. I know my mother finds it helpful to know that people have her healing and well-being in mind.

Her surgery went well. So far, her recovery has included less pain than she anticipated, but the past week wasn't easy because she could only take in thin liquids. Yesterday, she got all her stitches out in both neck and tongue and feels better, as well as being able to eat soft things such as pudding and yogurt. Her pathology report is not as good as we'd hoped because there was a positive biopsy of one lymph node - but only one out of 20 or so they removed. So she'll need radiation, it seems.

#91139 - 10/21/11 01:53 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread [Re: CaitlinM2]
LaSalleUGirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA

I'm looking for some IPGVs for my friend M, whose little sister D checked herself into a psychiatric hospital earlier in the week, but checked herself OUT yesterday even though she isn't "safe" (the term my sister's social workers used). M doesn't know where D is, whether she's on meds (almost definitely not), whether she's physically OK (last time this happened, D was probably sexually assaulted), etc.

All of this stuff is so palpably familiar to me, since my family went through many of the same things with my sister, and those feelings of fear, anxiety, and utter helplessness are just awful. If you have a minute to send some good vibes to M and D, I'd really appreciate it.

#91140 - 10/21/11 02:16 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread [Re: LaSalleUGirl]
CaitlinM2

I'll send some good thoughts to M and D, along with some hope. My ex's family (and so, me too) also experienced lots of the same with my sister-in-law, and I know how difficult and worrying it is for those who care for the one who's suffering and at risk.
#91143 - 10/21/11 06:34 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread [Re: CaitlinM2]
GingerCat
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia

IPGVs being sent!
#91146 - 10/23/11 12:51 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread [Re: GingerCat]
essay
Ching Shih

My best wishes to all of them. I am sure this is an ongoing ordeal for all concerned.And I'm sorry it brings up so much for you as well, LaSalleUGirl.
#91148 - 10/23/11 06:36 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread [Re: essay]
LaSalleUGirl
Ching Shih

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Thanks, everybody. D is back in the hospital, and on speaking terms with M again, for now.
#91149 - 10/23/11 09:53 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread [Re: LaSalleUGirl]
essay
Ching Shih

Good news. Gotta take it where we find it, I guess.
#91636 - 07/31/12 08:59 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread [Re: essay]
Amanda the Nasty
Ching Shih

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT

I'm glad this thread has been quiet for so long and that I only have a minor request.

I had to take my dog Iggy to the vet today because he was acting like he had a stomach problem even though he wasn't throwing up and he was going to the bathroom normally. Turns out he slipped a disc in his back. He's on doggy bed rest for six weeks and has a lot of medication to take. The vet says I got him in early and, with the proper care, will likely be able to help it heal. If it gets worse though, he could suffer nerve damage that could paralyze his hind legs. Here's hoping for the best for the poor little guy.

#91637 - 07/31/12 10:30 PM Re: The Intercessory Prayer and Good Vibrations Request Thread [Re: Amanda the Nasty]
CaitlinM2

Good vibes to Iggy, Amanda, and I hope he heals well.
Page 59 of 61 « First<5758596061>

Moderator:  hula, studio1 
Hop to: